Oyster shell with 40-38% pure calcium are used in accredited laboratories to provide calcium for livestock and poultry, which is the best alternative for mussels, carbonate and similar. This mineral is fossil free from any contamination and impurities and is much better and more useful than other sources of calcium due to the presence of beneficial elements such as manganese and its high available calcium content. In fact, it can be said that Oyster Shell Calcium is very high , so it is used in various fields, especially in the production of dietary supplements and in the manufacture of medicines.
What is Oyster Shell Calcium With D?
Oyster shell calcium with vitamin D are a vitamin supplement made by top manufacturers. oyster calcium used in the pharmaceutical industry include:
- The oyster is slowly soluble in ordinary water, almost soluble in water that has little carbon dioxide or high ammonium salts. It is almost insoluble in alcohol and boils in acetic acid, hydrochloric acid and nitric acid.
- The oyster is antacidic and is used in renal failure and treatment of osteoporosis and is a calcium supplement.
- Oyster Shell are recommended in patients with hyperphosphatemia with renal impairment because adhering to phosphate prevents the absorption of more phosphate through the stomach and intestine.
- Oyster Shell are also used in homeopathic remedies and in oral supplements. In addition, it is also used in anti-diarrhea medications due to its adsorption properties.
- Inorganic clams with gastric acid become calcium chloride and the resulting carbon dioxide gas may cause gastric bloating in some patients. Some of the calcium is absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract, but about 85% of it is again excreted in calcium salts such as calcium carbonate.
- Typically, each time, one gram of inorganic oyster is eaten as an antacid and is often prescribed with other antacids, especially magnesium antacids.
- Oyster Shell are used to make calcium chloride, calcium bromide, calcium iodide and calcium oxide, each of which has numerous uses in the pharmaceutical industry, even for the manufacture of veterinary medicines.
- Calcium chloride is a drug that produces acid in the body, and in cases where the calcium ion is low in the body, calcium chloride is used to quickly deficiency it. Calcium chloride is used in the treatment of allergies, such as urticaria, shortness of breath, itching and other allergic inflammation.
- Calcium chloride accelerates blood coagulation and is used to prevent severe bleeding. In addition, it is added to medications for heart failure in the treatment of heart rhythm disorders. Calcium chloride is also used to treat the effects of diarrhea, vomiting and sweating.
- Calcium compounds are widely used in veterinary medicine. The oyster is in the form of calcium carbonate powder, magnesium carbonate powder and magnesium carbonate tablet. Alumina, magnesium and calcium carbonate suspension, alumina, magnesium and calcium carbonate tablet and calcium carbonate tablet are other examples of calcium carbonate drug products.
Is oyster shell a good source of calcium?
Oyster shells are known as a source of calcium. It is therefore used for feeding livestock and poultry. Mineral feed is used for the preparation of livestock and poultry (livestock, quail breeding,and other types of birds) It should be noted that most of the bone tissue of livestock and birds and egg shells are composed of calcium.
The oyster is very rich in calcium and is also a good source of manganese and is therefore widely used in feeding chickens and laying hens. Due to its high degree of calcium purity and free of harmful impurities in many industries such as livestock, aquaculture, drilling of oil wells, rubber, glass, ceramics, paints, polyethylene pipes, pharmaceuticals Applies to calcium carbonate. Advantages of processed mineral oysters in production plants are:
- Lack of contamination in carbonate rock due to being hidden underground
- Isolation and separation at the mine site for loading high quality sludge
- Washing and disinfecting the entrance stones to the factory
- Exploitation of privately owned mines with high calcium purity (at least 97%)
- Transfer the washed stones into the drying oven for dehumidification
- Stone disinfection at 300 ° C by Dryer
- Assessment of Calcium, Moisture and Heavy Elements of Finished Product by Factory-Based Geology Laboratory
What is Oyster calcium used for?
The oyster calcium is used in the following areas:
- In the paper industry: Lime is used to make pulp sulfate, re-use sodium carbonate and bleach sodium hypochlorite. It is used in the paper industry as a trimmer, to discolor and also to prevent ink from spreading on paper. Paper consists of a cellulose web whose fibers are filled with granulated mineral particles, coating materials are used to enhance the quality of printing on paper in paper making calcium carbonate can form 5-50%.
- Agriculture: Shell lime and calcium are used in agriculture to control water pH and fertilizer production.
- In the livestock and poultry industry: the calcium of this mussel is used to feed birds and livestock.
- In the Construction Industry: Mineral lime and clams are used in many different ways in the construction industry.
- In Pharmacy: Calcium found in mineral clams is used in the preparation of various drugs.
- Food industry: Mineral mussels are used in the food industry to neutralize acidity and are also used in chewing gum.
- In the metallurgical industry: In the iron and steel industry, it is used as a smelter to produce calcium carbide. Lime is also used to melt the ore of some metals such as copper.
- In the chemical industry: In the preparation of calcium carbide: A mixture of high-grade lime and coke is converted to calcium carbide in an electric furnace at a temperature of 3000 to 3400 ° C. About one ton of lime is needed to make one ton of calcium carbide. Calcium carbide is used to produce acetylene gas (C2H2).
What is oyster shell?
Oyster Shell in a variety of powders, sugars and granules as a cheap source of calcium can significantly reduce the final price of animal feed and poultry. Oyster Shell are the result of mining. These mines exist in most major countries. There are several mines in Iran that, given the competitive conditions, each sell their products at a price. The country offers rich mines of minerals and offers its customers to buy their products at the lowest possible rates.
White solid mineral shellfish is known as an exceptional mineral. CaCo3 accounts for more than 4% of the Earth’s crust and is found worldwide. Its most important minerals are aragonite, limestone, marble and travertine. The oyster is found in two crystalline forms, with calcite being hexagonal and aragonite rhombohedral. Oyster Shell is one of the most widely used materials known to mankind, extracted directly from the mine and used in industry.
It can also be manufactured artificially, but is also present in eggshells and membranes of animals such as snails and crabs. Oyster Shell are used as fillers in industries. Fillers are materials that are added to liquids and solids to make one or more changes to increase mechanical strength and ductility, decrease or increase specific gravity, increase thermal resistance, change in concentration, and decrease in cost per product.
The problem with CaCO3 is its impurities. The use of mineral clams in different industries depends on the purity of the mineral clam and the size of the clam particles. This product has a light milky color and is very rich in organic matter. Therefore, the first option for animal food products is also used. Today, with the advancement of technology, it is possible to produce a sedimentary mineral shellfish up to 99% purity. It is also available in micro-nano sizes for grain or meshing which can be used in all industries. Generally used in any industry dealing with smelting of metal, paper, rubber and plastic, fiberglass, polymer, petrochemical, glass, etc.
What does oyster shell contain?
The oyster shell is mainly composed of calcium carbonate. Other ingredients include protein and Chemical Composition of the Edible Oyster:
- Calcium Magnesium
- Copper iron
- Some micro-elements
They use this product because of its functional structure in various fields. One of the industries that use minerals a lot is the construction industry. Mineral lime and shellfish are used in many different ways in the construction industry. The most important component is Portland cement. It can be used to make stone powder, sand production for concrete, porcelain wall and porch. It is also used for soil stabilization, mortar preparation, sand brick, lime and bleach.
In offshore structures, the sea is used for the construction of docks and breakers and land acquisition. In concrete laboratories, it is used to prevent the corrosion of concrete sampled by alkalis in water. In the glass industry, lime is used as a melting aid for the manufacture of glassware.
Use mortars such as lime, mortar and gypsum to transport the raw materials individually to the site. In the developed countries, it is now used in its alternative way, in fact, in the dry mortar of calcium carbonate plasters used for indoor plating.
Its benefits include preventing corrosion of steel parts in the building due to the presence of antioxidant materials, high initial retention time and tooling operation over 45 minutes, hardness higher than gypsum and comparable to concrete, high adhesion and Applicable to surfaces such as concrete and wood, low specific gravity which lightens the structure, fire and direct flame resistance, heat and cold resistance to cold and hot seasons. Moisture resistance, fine grading at mesh size 400 and post-application surface smoothness, mixability With pigments pigmented, removal of plaster phase in the building, low price and competitive with conventional plastering, low secondary retention and competitive with conventional plastering, no surface cracks, environmentally free from any contamination Noted the absence of undesirable effects on body skin at runtime and high resistance to surface scratches.
Oyster Shell are used in the ceramic tile industry, especially the glaze industry, which lowers the melting point of the complex and reduces the thermal expansion coefficient of the glaze when used in the glaze. It is also used in the flooring industry, PVC sheets and adhesives.
Oyster Shell Calcium with Vitamin D Uses and Side Effects
Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body. Calcium is essential for the tightening of the veins, blood coagulation, contraction and proper muscle function, the delivery of nerve messages by the nervous system, hormonal secretion and the proper function of body cells. Severe changes in blood and serum calcium are extremely dangerous and can lead to severe conditions such as severe muscle cramps and even death. Therefore, the body uses calcium in the bones to regulate blood and serum calcium.
The remaining 99% of the body’s calcium is present in the bones and teeth, which are essential for their strength and function. Since the body is unable to produce calcium, the body uses its bony reserve to maintain blood and serum calcium if it is not consumed sufficiently in the diet. So not consuming enough calcium can lead to problems for teeth as well as osteoporosis.
The amount of calcium needed per day varies depending on the age and specific circumstances of the individual. Despite the preference for calcium from natural sources, unfortunately many people do not get enough calcium in their diet. This means that these people need to take calcium supplements daily. On the other hand, our digestive system is only able to absorb 500 mg of calcium per meal. They have developed medicines to treat this problem from inorganic calcium along with vitamin D.
So a person who is deficient in calcium should consume a few servings of calcium supplements and should not consume all the calcium they need in a single serving, since the extra 500 mg is usually excreted from the digestive tract. On the other hand, calcium supplements can cause constipation, so it is advisable to take calcium supplements with magnesium to prevent this problem and increase the amount of vegetables and fiber in the diet.
If the oyster shell calcium with vitamin D is not used in low doses or with certain medications, it will lead to one of the following side effects:
- Constipation: Doctors have found that many patients who take calcium supplements suffer from constipation. In fact, not everyone can use calcium supplements regularly. In addition to constipation, these supplements can also cause stomach inflammation and abdominal swelling.
- Kidney stones: If you take high doses of calcium supplements more than your daily dose of 1000 to 1300 mg daily, you may develop kidney stones.
- Vitamin D intoxication: If you take calcium supplements and take vitamin D supplements separately, this can lead to vitamin D poisoning.
- Muscle Pain: Another side effect of calcium supplementation is that it leads to muscle cramps and pain.